Stirling and District Classic Car Club

All ages, makes and types are welcome

Tuesday, Jun 18th

Last update11:00:00 PM GMT

You are here: Forum Main Forum Events, past and future Previous Years' Event Pics Past Events and History of the Club.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Past Events and History of the Club.

Muckhart Inn 8 years 9 months ago #397

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Muckhart Inn ,Tuesday night 17th August,Good turnout.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kirkintilloch Canal Festival 8 years 9 months ago #400

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
Lots more photos to come, this was a very good turn out, and the fireworks at 10pm were super

PS . If you want a real Burd Puller.Get A Celica ( The Kennedy Cupcakes )
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Alan Duncan.

Kirkintilloch Canal Festival 8 years 9 months ago #401

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder

Went on till after 10pm

Link to over 100 photos of the event
www.flickr.com/photos/scottish_classic__...s/72157624842319348/
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Alan Duncan.

Run to Glen Coe 2010 8 years 7 months ago #436

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
The day started well with nice dry weather, sadly it got a bit 'dreach' the further north we went.
I must say I was disappointed with the turnout from our own club but the variety of other cars from across the country made up for it. I really liked the Ferrari 308GT4 that came up from Glasgow and for pure elegance we had Colin Stewarts Jag XK120 from Blairgowrie (in the last year he has clocked up 14000 mls in it). With the poor weather I thought most would stay or turn round at the Green Welly but by the time we got to the Kingshouse the carpark was jampacked. I think that despite the weather we all had a good day and a big thanks to Alan for organising again.
Kidjensen
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Forgot to mention the Seaking chopper blowing us all away going through the glen and the steam train giving us a treat from the Green Welly carpark.
Kidjensen.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As Aidan said,the day started good, nice and bright.As i drove into Dobys, i could see all the Ford Capris to the left, and to the right there were all sorts of Classics, TVRs Morgans ect, Robert Gallo had his White Jensen Interceptor 7.2 and his friends had Jags, they had driven from Edinburgh.
Brian & Silvia drove up in there Blue Cobra all the way from Ayrshire.
we started the Engines at 10.10am and headed west through Callander and up to Lochernhead,then over the Mountains,where we found the Wet Stuff and lots of it too.
Wenn we got to the Green Welly we found the car Park all Coned off for us,plus there were about 20 Cars already there among them were a Black Mint XK120 Jag ,two E Types and two large Vintage Jags ( Still to find out what they were) There was a Ferrari 308GT4 which took a few photos as well as the XK120.
As we went for lunch the cars kept coming in And a Steam Train puffed by,and everyone got there cameras out.
By the time we came back out a second Steam Train passed by and this Sea King Chopper flew over us at about 20 feet, and the down draft from it Made the heavy rain worse.
As we were heading out of the Car park a White DB6 Joined us on the trip to Glen Coe.
I was one of the last to leave the Green Welly in my White Celica, Followed by the White Jensen and the White DB6.
Driving up to Glen Coe I could see the oncoming Drivers all over the place, yet again its not every day you see 70 Classics on the road at the same time.
When i got to the Kings House Hotel, it was jampacked with Classics most of us Double Parked,all over the place.
when i got in there was a queue a mile long at the bar, i was told 20 mins earler the bar was empty too
I took a look out side to try and take some photos but the rain was coming down in Buckets and my camara was waterlogged, as most of my photos are a bit blured.
I tried to get round most to thank them for coming, so if i missed you ,100 thanks for coming along in the heavy rain.
This is the 4th year we have done this run, and the 4th time we have had heavy rain, mabe next year
As i drove home,in my warm Celica,i could not help thinking of all the open tops heading back.
What a brave lot.

Hit link below to see all the other photos,on two pages
www.flickr.com/photos/scottish_classic__...s/72157625185361090/
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Alan Duncan.

Re:Run to Glen Coe 2010 8 years 7 months ago #437

Fairly sure the big Jags were Mk 9's although a few of these 50's big Jags start to look the same. I'm sure an "expert" will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.
Kidjensen

Re:Run to Glen Coe 2010 8 years 7 months ago #438

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes i was told they look like mk 9s too.
Looks like the Capri Club had a good time too, here is a link to there Forum
ccscotland.17.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=5628
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Alan Duncan.

Inversnaid Run Sunday 30th January 8 years 4 months ago #506

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
Just 12 cars turned up for this Cold January Morning, We had newcomer Andrew Hunt in his 1930 Humber 16/50 Imperial, which had a few jaws drop.
The reg Rag, i need not say, as we all know Roberts Cars, and he was over the moon to join us on this Run.
With the Opal Monza & Land Rover, that could be 4 new members ;)
It was very bitter at Loch Katrine, so it was good to get a hot cup o tea at Inversnaid when we got there.
Harvey Wade run out of fuel in his Celica and nicked some o mine when i was in the Hotel.
it was a good day all round :laugh:

DRIVE IT DAY 2011 DISCOVERY 8 years 1 month ago #595

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
Willie Bennie's Run to the Discovery, Met up with two cars from the Tayside Club

Link to the rest of the Drive it Day photos
www.flickr.com/photos/scottish_classic__...s/72157626395006619/

Re:Past Events and History of the Club. 8 years 1 month ago #597

• Brian Kellett
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Here are some more photos of Drive It Day.

I'm still getting to grips with these photos so for some reason they start in Dundee and finish in Stirling :blush:

Jack is more into the penguin than the cars!

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Brian Kellett.

Run to Culcreuch Castle 8 years 1 month ago #599

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
A run to Culcreuch Castle on a tuesday night 19th April 2011

Was a good night,Great sunset on the way

Re:Run to Culcreuch Castle 8 years 1 month ago #604

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
Post's from Willie & Stevie,About the 1st night run of the year

A number of us met at The Birds & Bees on Tuesday 19th April for the clubs first evening run of 2010 to Culcruech Castle.
I'm not able to say how many cars were there but in true Martin Bell style "I counted them all out and counted them all back in" (You'll see where I'm going with this!!)
We left the B&B's at 19.30 to head through Bridge of Allan towards Doune and then onwards to Kippen.
Bob Comrie was lead man in his Mini and knew where he was going.....the rest got a bit confused.
We were well spread out by the time we got to Bridge of Allan. I was in a group that included our intrepid leader Captain George up front in his Merc, Brian Kellett in his MGB, John Hutton and Brian Reid in their classic Freelander, me and then Gordon Brown in his MGB.
I think Captain George had donned his flat cap and string back gloves and thought he was on a Sunday run with the wife as we continued at a sedate pace through the Stirlingshire countryside. Still, the sunset over Ben Lomond was a sight to behold and the fuel consumption was great.
We continued meandering gracefully along and just before we drove into Kippen I was surprised to see Bobby Comrie and Jeff Marr in his lovely Porsche 911 Cabriolet come up behind us.
We were first to arrive at the castle at around 20.30hrs and the rest of the adventurers arrived about 7 minutes after us!! There was much waving of fingers and shaking of heads as the post mortem was held into how everyone got lost. It appears that Bobby and Jeff turned left at Doune while Neill who was leading the rest of the pack turned right towards Callander. Bobby and Jeff then took another route which left our group, in true tortoise and hare fashion, as the front runners. I don't know who actually took the correct route at the end of the day but at least we all made it safely there and were able to have a good laugh about it all.
The prize for wimp of the week must go jointly to Captain George and Gordon Brown who despite having convertbles on a lovely spring evening kept their tops firmly on!!
Wee George and I had an altogether more exciting run home. Leaving the castle at just after 9 we headed over the Crow Road to Lennoxtown then towards Kilsyth. I was in the house for 21.45, a run of less than 45 minutes, lovely!! :cheer: WB

Well I enjoyed my night was not driving so enjoyed a few pints ( thanks Alan... )

Even though on the way home we got pulled by the boys in blue ...

and do you know why ???

Yip they came up to Alan's window and leaned in and said " nice car mate how old is that ? "

But don't worry it didn't take me long to give them a leaflet about out show ...
:blush: SA
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Alan Duncan.

Kirkintilloch 800 years old Event 8 years 1 month ago #615

• Alan Duncan
  • Platinum Boarder
Well we just got 3 Cars from our Club for this Event ,Wee Boby,John Hutton & Myself :unsure:
Thow i did manage to get 13 cars for this, and the sun was out all day :laugh:
John wanted the Cobra & Billy Rigg wanted the Vangard.

Link to the rest of the photos & Names of the owners
www.flickr.com/photos/scottish_classic__...s/72157626616100594/

13 Cars appeared at Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre,for the celebrations of Kirkintilloch 800 Years old.
George Cooper had his Cooper type 59 & his Cooper Protype ,that was once driven by Stirling Moss.
Brian Radbourne had his Cobra, John Smith his Standerd Vangard Sportsman,George Smith his Bedford CA Romana,William Young his Mini Van,Kevin Begen his 1955 Morgan, & and Doug's1970 Morgan,two Minie's owned by Bob Comrie & John Hutton. Large early 70s Citroen owned by Renzo Mazzolini , Ford Capri 3,000cc GLX owned by Paul McCartney and my own ( Alan Duncan) 1st Gen ,Celica 16ST.

The sun was out all day,and all the kids wanted a shot in George Coopers Type 59.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Alan Duncan.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds