Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to Post Images into a Topic

How to Post Images into a Topic 9 years 7 months ago #124

• stevie
Posting Photos on the Forum

Ok I have been asked for an A to Z to posting photos onto the forum
Firstly I must say you can do this by using the forum's own host, but to be honest it is not very user friendly, and you have to upload it every time you want to use it.
I have done this before but it is now a bit out of date, so I have now deleted this post and replaced it by this up to date post.
I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing lots of photographs posted by you guys.

1. Firstly go to www.photobucket.com and register for a free account easy to do just enter a user name that you want a password and your e-mail address.
2. When you have finished filling out the form press next it will then show a new page offering you the option to go pro, press the small NO Thanks under the big Next button.
3. You now have a photobucket account
4. It is now asking you to name your default album as it is a default album I tend to leave it as such and just use it for holding photos until I place them ( I use it for uploading from my mobile phone)
5. At this stage I would suggest ticking the Privacy Settings: to Private, it will then ask if you want to share this album ( I do not but it is up to you)
6. YOU ARE NOW UP AND RUNNING

You now want to upload some photos to photobucket

1. It is offering you an option to create a new album ( think of albums as photo albums in your house on a book shelf every new album is a book full of photos) take this option
2. Call your album “Stirling and District Classic Car Club” click private then click create
You are now ready to add photos

1. By using the green upload now button at the very top of the page, click it
At this stage you will need to know where your photos are on your computer, minimise the page to find this out, an easy way is to create a folder on your desk top and label it photobucket photos and put any photos you want to post in there ( for our purposes we will do this)
2. Now you have a new page with a green box saying Select photos and Video click this
3. A box will come on the screen asking you where you photos are find your desk top and then click on your folder that you names “photobucket photos”
I am using operating windows 7 this process is different in xp etc.
Ok you are now looking at the photos you want
1. If you only want one photo, just double click it
2. If you want multiple photos press the ctrl button keep your finger on it and highlight each photo you want then press open
Your photos are now downloading to photobucket, after down load you can add title to photo then press Save and continue to my album

You have done it now the easy bit putting the photo onto the forum

Uploading one photo to forum

1. Put your cursor over the photo you will see a drop down box, go to the bottom box next to the IMG Code and left click it
2. It has now said copy
3. Go to the forum page that you want the photo to go in and right click where you want it then press paste
That’s it; it is now on the forum click preview to check

To upload multiple photos from photobucket

1. You are looking at your photos in photobucket
2. Put your cursor over each photo you want one by one clicking the small box just below the photo
3. Once you have clicked all the photos you want go to the bottom of page
4. You will see Select all/Unselect all ……. Choose action
5. Press Choose action then press the bottom option “Generate link codes
6. This will bring up a box with lots of boxes, the only one you want is
7. IMG for bulletin boards & forums , Full size , now left click the middle of the box it will say copy
8. Go to forum right click and paste you can preview before posting
That’s it people any questions just ask..
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by stevie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to Post Images into a Topic 8 years 8 months ago #525

• stevie
I hope this is ok for you
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds