Stirling and District Classic Car Club

All ages, makes and types are welcome

Wednesday, Jan 29th

Last update01:33:25 PM GMT

You are here: Forum Main Forum Technical Chat Bleeding Brakes on Scimitar

CLASSIC CAR SHOW 2020

Our 2020 show will take place on Sunday 10 May at the usual venue of Strathallan Games Park, Bridge of Allan FK9 4QY.
The invitation letters and entry forms will be issued at the end of January 2020. If you don't receive an Invitation letter and entry form, but would like to attend, please print an entry from the SHOW section of this website. Please also read the information included in the Invitation letter. As in previous years show profits will be donated to charity.
ALSO NOTE THAT ENTRY FORMS MUST HAVE AN A5 STAMPED SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE TO RETURN YOUR SHOW PASS.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bleeding Brakes on Scimitar

Bleeding Brakes on Scimitar 9 years 8 months ago #281

• Guy Evans
Hi, this is my first time posting anything on any forum ever. So take it easy on me if I get something wrong lol.

Myself and a mate are rebuilding a 1978 Reliant Scimitar GTE se6a.

Problem is Im having a bugger of a time trying to get the brakes bled. Ive fitted new brake cylinders to the rear and have

rebuilt the master cylinder with new seals. Ive also replaced the rear and 2 front brake hoses.

I cant see any leaks anywhere, or maybe Im just getting old. (no comments on that please lol)

Any help would be greatly appritiated or better still if you want to come round and show me what Im doing wrong that

would be even better.

Great website and great club. :cheer:

Regards to you all, Guy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bleeding Brakes on Scimitar 9 years 8 months ago #282

• stevie
I am no expert in this field

but I was always told when bleeding the brakes always start at the bleed nipple nearest the master cylinder

so If the master cylinder sits up top at the drivers side start at the drivers front, passenger front ,drivers rear, passenger rear

when I do it I don't use any of the fancy bled kits, Just one of the wee rubber pipes like this

you get them from about £2 put it on the nipple and stick it in a jar of brake fluid

works for me ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds